Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Michael Mealling <mi...@neonym.net> on 2002/02/16 00:17:22 UTC

Re: what overwrote my local-portlets.xreg file?

Paul Spencer wrote:
> Jetspeed used the file time to detect when it has changed.  On windows
> the granularity is one minute.
> 1:30:05  Save local-portlet.xreg with new portlet A1
> 1:30:10  Jetspeed read file and add add portlet A1 to internal
> list of portlets
> 1:30:45  Save local-portlet.xreg with new portlet B2
> Jetspeed does not detect the local-portlets.xreg has changed, thus the
> portlet B2 is not added to the internal list of portlets.  If you resave
> the file a 1:31 or later, then it will be read.

Hmm... I could have sworn that it was about 10 minutes in between the
two (the mail had come so I went outside to the mailbox). To be safe I
just touched the file (I'm on Redhat 7.2). Still nothing. So I edited
it again and added yet another portlet. Still nothing. jetspeed.log
shows no errors. I tail jetspeed.log and touch it again. I see it

-MM