Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com> on 2007/10/17 02:55:39 UTC

deprecation warnings with jdk15 build

Hi,

Now that we switched to jdk15 as the base level for the trunk, I see a
ton of deprecation warnings.
My jdk is: Sun's 1.5.0_12-b04, and I've got build.compiler set to modern

I find it bothersome and hard to see 'real' build failures like this,
but trunk/tools/ant/properties/modern.properties has deprecation set
to 'on'.
Would it be reasonable to set this to 'off' or am I the only one
seeing these warnings?
Or is there another trick I need to do?

Thx,
Myrna

Re: deprecation warnings with jdk15 build

Posted by "Dag H. Wanvik" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> writes:

> I have set "deprecation=off" in my ant.properties. I also run ant with
> the "-quiet" switch. Those little tweaks reduce the build chatter to a
> manageable screenful and help me see the signal through the noise.

Compiling with Sun JDK 1.6, I don't see these deprecation messages,
with 1.5 I do. Not sure why yet.

Dag

Re: deprecation warnings with jdk15 build

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
I have set "deprecation=off" in my ant.properties. I also run ant with
the "-quiet" switch. Those little tweaks reduce the build chatter to a
manageable screenful and help me see the signal through the noise.

Regards,
-Rick

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM>.