Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Volodymyr Vysotskyi <vo...@apache.org> on 2019/11/04 18:57:05 UTC

[DISCUSS] 1.17.0 release

Hello Drillers,

It's about 6 months have passed since the previous release and its time to
discuss and start planning for the 1.17.0.
I volunteer to manage the new release.

We have 6 Jira tickets with "reviewable" status, 2 "in progress" and 6 open
tickets [1]. Jira tickets marked as ready to commit will be merged soon and
I hope other PRs from this list will be completed before the cut-off date.

Among these tickets, I want to include DRILL-7273 [2] to the release (pull
request is already opened, but CR comments should be addressed).

I would like to propose a preliminary release cut-off date as the middle of
the next week (Nov, 13) or the beginning of the week after that (Nov, 18).

Please let me know if there are any other Jira tickets you working on which
should be included in this release.

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=185&projectKey=DRILL&quickFilter=1425
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-7273

Kind regards,
Volodymyr Vysotskyi

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.17.0 release

Posted by Vova Vysotskyi <vv...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I found a couple of release blockers and pushed fixes for them into master.
But the release is still preparing and the master branch is still frozen
for other fixes.

Kind regards,
Volodymyr Vysotskyi

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.17.0 release

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Volodymyr!

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.17.0 release

Posted by Volodymyr Vysotskyi <vo...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.17.0 release

Posted by Volodymyr Vysotskyi <vo...@apache.org>.
Hi all

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.17.0 release

Posted by Volodymyr Vysotskyi <vo...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.17.0 release

Posted by Volodymyr Vysotskyi <vo...@apache.org>.
Hi Charles,

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.17.0 release

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Volodymyr,

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.17.0 release

Posted by Arina Ielchiieva <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Charles.

Hadoop update is under dev and testing, if Anton / Denys will be able to
finish thus task before release, we will include it.
Though preliminary, we are targeting this feature for the 1.18 release.

Kind regards,
Arina

Re: [DISCUSS] 1.17.0 release

Posted by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com>.