Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/30 03:47:54 UTC

Issue building tomcat 8.5.56

Hi!,

I'm able to checkout 8.5.56 tag and have a successful: ant
But I'm getting the following errors [1] after running:  ant test
I notice that in the build.properties.default there are some  Build control
flags [2] related for NIO and NIO2, but by checking the Travis file I don't
see those flags are been set to false during CI runs [3]
It seems that during Travis build the project
https://github.com/apache/tomcat-native is also compiled [4] but I wonder
if I actually need to compile this tomcat-native or if there is
something else I'm missing that is preventing me to have a successful build
with all tests passing ok?

My environment:
- OSX 10.15.5
- java version "1.7.0_79"
 Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.79-b02, mixed mode)
- javac 1.7.0_79
- Apache Ant(TM) version 1.9.9 compiled on February 2 2017
- Git TAG checkout 8.5.56:
https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/4560d2f5a49965f73ed07cb879f17d9c096c9d13

[1]
 [concat] Testsuites with failed tests:
   [concat] TEST-org.apache.catalina.loader.TestPermissions.NIO.txt
   [concat] TEST-org.apache.catalina.loader.TestPermissions.NIO2.txt
   [concat]
TEST-org.apache.catalina.session.TestStandardSessionIntegration.NIO.txt
   [concat]
TEST-org.apache.catalina.session.TestStandardSessionIntegration.NIO2.txt
   [concat]
TEST-org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.TestGroupChannelMemberArrival.NIO.txt
   [concat]
TEST-org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.TestGroupChannelMemberArrival.NIO2.txt
   [concat]
TEST-org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.TestGroupChannelStartStop.NIO.txt
   [concat]
TEST-org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.TestGroupChannelStartStop.NIO2.txt
   [concat]
TEST-org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TestOrderInterceptor.NIO.txt
   [concat]
TEST-org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TestOrderInterceptor.NIO2.txt
   [concat]
TEST-org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TestTcpFailureDetector.NIO.txt
   [concat]
TEST-org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TestTcpFailureDetector.NIO2.txt
   [concat] TEST-org.apache.coyote.http11.TestHttp11Processor.NIO.txt
   [concat] TEST-org.apache.coyote.http11.TestHttp11Processor.NIO2.txt
   [concat] TEST-org.apache.coyote.http2.TestHttp2Section_5_3.NIO.txt
   [concat]
TEST-org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.TestDigesterPermissions.NIO.txt
   [concat]
TEST-org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.TestDigesterPermissions.NIO2.txt
   [concat] TEST-org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TestClientCert.NIO.txt
   [concat] TEST-org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TestClientCert.NIO2.txt
   [concat] TEST-org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TestCustomSsl.NIO.txt
   [concat] TEST-org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TestCustomSsl.NIO2.txt
   [concat] TEST-org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TestSsl.NIO.txt
   [concat] TEST-org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TestSsl.NIO2.txt
   [concat]
TEST-org.apache.tomcat.util.net.openssl.ciphers.TestCipher.NIO.txt
   [concat]
TEST-org.apache.tomcat.util.net.openssl.ciphers.TestCipher.NIO2.txt
   [concat]
TEST-org.apache.tomcat.util.net.openssl.ciphers.TestOpenSSLCipherConfigurationParser.NIO.txt
   [concat]
TEST-org.apache.tomcat.util.net.openssl.ciphers.TestOpenSSLCipherConfigurationParser.NIO2.txt
   [concat]
TEST-org.apache.tomcat.websocket.TestWebSocketFrameClientSSL.NIO.txt
   [concat]
TEST-org.apache.tomcat.websocket.TestWebSocketFrameClientSSL.NIO2.txt
   [concat]
TEST-org.apache.tomcat.websocket.TestWsWebSocketContainer.NIO.txt
   [concat]
TEST-org.apache.tomcat.websocket.TestWsWebSocketContainer.NIO2.txt

[2]
execute.test.nio=true
execute.test.nio2=true

[3]
https://github.com/apache/tomcat/blob/4560d2f5a49965f73ed07cb879f17d9c096c9d13/.travis.yml

[4]
https://github.com/apache/tomcat/blob/4560d2f5a49965f73ed07cb879f17d9c096c9d13/.travis.yml#L57
--
Atentamente:
César Hernández.

Re: Issue building tomcat 8.5.56

Posted by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Mark for the detailed response.

I'm going to take a look at the right CI server now to take as a reference.

There are no such tests in the Tomcat source tree nor can I find any

record of such tests. What eaxcatly is running here?

What I did was to download directly the zip source code  from latest
release
https://github.com/apache/tomcat/commit/4560d2f5a49965f73ed07cb879f17d9c096c9d13

> Tribes related tests are sensitive to the availability of multicast
> networking. From memory, OSX had an issue with that by default.
> Use org.apache.catalina.tribes.TesterMulticast to help diagnose.

Thanks for the pointer, I'll take a look to this too.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

we don't have as easy access to. The primary CI is at ci.apache.org