Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/01 01:40:10 UTC

Re: Proto requests via Jmeter

Hi
I think you are asking 2 different questions here
a. How to generate a protobuf request in JMeter - That would need you to
use the Java API to generate the request -
https://developers.google.com/protocol-buffers/docs/javatutorial
b. How to actually send it to the API - Assuming this is still HTTP based
then I think either you need to save a file and send that or use the HTTP
Raw request from jmeter plugins.
There isnt a way to convert JSON to protobuf in jmeter as far as I know(Im
assuming your dev team has already provided you the .proto files which
could be generated from JSON) and record and replay is not much use when
you are dealing with binary formats unless you want to replicate exactly
the same thing , no parameterisation or variations (almost never the case
in any testing automation).

regards
deepak