Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by John Hewson <jo...@jahewson.com> on 2015/08/15 07:19:32 UTC

PDF Technical Conference 2015

Hi All,

For those who are interested, I’ll be attending the PDF Technical Conference 2015 in San Jose. It’ll be my first time at such an event. Maybe I’ll see some of you fellow dev list subscribers there (though probably not too many from Europe).

http://www.pdfa.org/event/pdf-technical-conference-2015/

— John

Re: PDF Technical Conference 2015

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Hi,

> Am 16.08.2015 um 05:23 schrieb Leonard Rosenthol <lr...@adobe.com>:
>
> Great!  Look forward to seeing you there.
>
> (note: we already did the European one this year, and I believe Maruan was there again).

yes, as I've been the year before. And it has been a very successful conference for us as we have been able to get in touch with a lot of knowledgable people sharing our thoughts about PDF - the benefits and the challenges. Many vendors have also been very helpful answering some technical questions we had which enabled us to solve some issues in PDFBox. I think that this shows the health of the industry that people - although being competitors - work together making PDF and the PDF software offerings better over time.

I hope you find the time to have a quick chat with John. He is very involved with rendering and fonts (and 'loves' all this pattern space, matrix, shading …. stuff).

And thank you for being so helpful in the past answering some of the questions we had.

BR
Maruan

Posted by Leonard Rosenthol <lr...@adobe.com>.