Posted to dev@chukwa.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/11 19:28:11 UTC

Growing the Chukwa community

One of the things about growing community is to be welcoming and
responsiveness so that contributors are stimulated to continue and grow
their level of participation.

In a community that is trying to bootstrap itself, I believe that all
committers and PPMC members should watch for patches and review/apply them
in a timely fashion.

Also, I believe that contributors should be encouraged to develop their
contributions in incremental and frequent patches to help streamline the
review process and make sure the community is in agrement with the design
choices.

Anyway, just my 0.2c

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Growing the Chukwa community

Posted by Ariel Rabkin <as...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 1:28 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In a community that is trying to bootstrap itself, I believe that all
> committers and PPMC members should watch for patches and review/apply them
> in a timely fashion.

Yes.   I notice you pushed a bunch -- I'll review/commit them tonight.

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com
Princeton Computer Science Department