Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brian Leathem <bl...@triumf.ca> on 2009/02/04 23:11:17 UTC

Webstart plugin, with no main class

Hello Maven list,

I'm trying to use the Webstart plugin to build a jnlp file that has no
main class.  This jnlp has mail.jar as a sole resource, and is referred
to by other jnlp files.  The reson for this is that Sun sign's mail.jar,
and I can't include it as a resource in the same jnlp that contians my
signed jars.

On running the webstart:jnlp goal, I get the error:

    [INFO] No resources found in
    /var/build/maven/TriumfPom/ApplicationsPom/SunMailJnlp/src/main/jnlp/resources
    [INFO] artifact com.sun:SunMailJnlp:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT seems to
    contain the main class: null but the jar doesn't seem to contain all
    dependencies null
    [INFO] artifact javax.mail:mail:jar:1.4.1:compile seems to contain
    the main class: null but the jar doesn't seem to contain all
    dependencies null
    [WARNING] artifact javax.mail:mail:jar:1.4.1:compile also contains
    the main class: null. IGNORED.
    [INFO]
    [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
    [INFO]
    [INFO] Failure to run the plugin:

    Embedded error: mainClass must not be null

Is there anyway I can force the process to continue without a
mainClass?  Or point to a static jnlp file?

The jnlp file when it's done should look like:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

    <jnlp spec="1.0"
          codebase="http://host.domain/jaws"
          href="/jaws/jnlp/Sun.jnlp">
      <information>
        <title>Sun signed libraries</title>
        <vendor>Sun Microsystems, Inc.</vendor>
      </information>
        <security>
        <all-permissions/>
      </security>
      <resources>
        <jar href="ext/Sun/mail.jar"/>
        <j2se version="1.6+"
            href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se"/>
      </resources>
      <component-desc/>
    </jnlp>

Thanks,
Brian Leathem

Re: Webstart plugin, with no main class

Posted by Brian Leathem <bl...@triumf.ca>.
Am I just out of luck with this one?   Is there a more appropriate forum
in which I can ask this question?

Thanks,
Brian