Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Kiryl Valkovich <ki...@teal.tools> on 2023/11/08 19:13:19 UTC

Writing the Pulsar article for Wikipedia. Looking for in-depth, reliable, secondary, independent resources on the subject.

Hi everyone! I think that Pulsar deserves an article on Wikipedia.

The problem is that it’s surprisingly hard to find something in-depth, reliable, secondary, and independent on the subject.
Most of the good information is in Pulsar documentation, StreamNative blog, DataStax blog, Apache Foundation resources, and on other blogs mostly from authors who are now or have been employees in companies that are interested in Pulsar's success.
By Wikipedia rules all such sources are not “independent”.
Any info from the documentation isn’t “secondary”.
Talks on YouTube aren’t “reliable” sources.

I pointed the moderator to the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Kafka article has about the same quality of sources. The answer was:

  *   I’ve marked that article as needing assistance, as it has similar problems to your draft.

Maybe someone can point me to such resources?

If you have experience writing articles for Wikipedia and know its rules and how to better deal with moderators, I won't refuse help.

Draft of the article. It became quite brief after all the edits: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Apache_Pulsar
Talk: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Visortelle

Best,
Kiryl