Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tony Edwards <TE...@civica.com.au> on 2003/07/24 07:23:11 UTC

HTMLArea

Hello again,
I'm trying to integrate the nifty htmlArea widget from
http://www.interactivetools.com with Cocoon 2.0.4 and I'm just trying to
figure out if its best to use the StreamGenerator or the HTMLGenerator.
If you're better off using the HTMLGenerator, what do you enter for the
'src' parameter?
Anybody got any clues?
thanks,

Tony

Re: HTMLArea

Posted by Peter Velychko <v_...@ukr.net>.
Hello Tony,

Thursday, July 24, 2003, 8:23:11 AM, you wrote:

TE> Hello again,
TE> I'm trying to integrate the nifty htmlArea widget from
TE> http://www.interactivetools.com with Cocoon 2.0.4 and I'm just trying to
TE> figure out if its best to use the StreamGenerator or the HTMLGenerator.
TE> If you're better off using the HTMLGenerator, what do you enter for the
TE> 'src' parameter?
TE> Anybody got any clues?
TE> thanks,

TE> Tony

I examine also "htmlArea" now.
I'm not sure but CVS version of the "htmlArea" 3.0 generates XHTML. It
is based on JavaScript and it work with IE 5.5 and Mozilla 1.4. (I
didn't try it with Mozilla 1.3).

If it's so the HTMLGenerator is unnecessary for your situation.
As for me the StreamGenerator is the best for this.

--
Best regards,
Peter Velychko

Re: HTMLArea

Posted by Guido Casper <gc...@s-und-n.de>.
Tony Edwards wrote:
> Hello again,
> I'm trying to integrate the nifty htmlArea widget from
> http://www.interactivetools.com with Cocoon 2.0.4 and I'm just trying
> to figure out if its best to use the StreamGenerator or the
> HTMLGenerator. If you're better off using the HTMLGenerator, what do
> you enter for the 'src' parameter?
> Anybody got any clues?

The way I did it with 2.1 CVS was using the RequestGenerator.
As the RequestGenerator escapes the submitted HTML (&lt;html&gt;) you have
to put the HTMLTransformer after it.

  <map:generate type="request"/>
  <map:transform src="styles/request2doc.xsl"/>
  <map:transform type="html">
    <map:parameter name="tags" value="para"/>
  </map:transform>

The HTMLTransformer parses the content of the "para" tag then with JTidy and
generates SAX events further down the pipeline.

Unfortunately the HTMLTransformer is not available in 2.0.4 but you can grab
it from the 2.1 CVS
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/html/java/org/apache
/cocoon/transformation/

(not sure wether it works unchanged with 2.0.4 though)

HTH
Guido
--

Guido Casper