Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/10 03:20:37 UTC

Release artifacts (was: [VOTE] Release 0.16)

Hi Justin,

I think it would be good to prepare the final artifacts (some seem
like they could just be renamed, but others indicate RC4 in their
content) so we can test them before we vote, and signing them would
also allow the maven artifacts to be deployed to a staging repo and
tested in advance of the vote closing rather than afterwards.

Also, looking at the RC3 thread I notice Darryl raised a request for
inclusion relating to updating the ruby gem name which still seems
open, is that being deferred to 0.18?

Robbie

Re: Release artifacts (was: [VOTE] Release 0.16)

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
Justin, Robbie,

I tested Java Broker, Java Client and Management Console artefacts.

Everything worked fine for me. No issue is found.

Details of the tests:
Started Java Broker.
Created test queue using Management Console and bound that queue to
the direct exchange.
Published test messages into the test queue using Spout example.
Consumed test messages from the test queue using Drain example.
Used Management Console to verify test queue attributes before and
after publishing and consuming.

The scenario above was used to test broker with Memory message store
and Berkeley Message Store.

I have not tested maven artefacts.

Kind Regards,
Alex

Re: Release artifacts (was: [VOTE] Release 0.16)

Posted by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com>.
Hi, Robbie.  Yes, you're right.  I've corrected the RC4 artifacts at the
existing RC4 link.

As to Darryl's request, in my opinion we should defer it.

Justin