Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bruno Melloni <Br...@wnco.com> on 2006/11/03 16:19:35 UTC

Struts 2 GA status?

I am slightly confused about the status of Struts 2.  Messages in this
list frequently say that Struts 2 is production-ready and very stable,
yet the Struts site does not show it as a General Availability release.

If a member of the Struts 2 project reads this, could you please
clarify?

Re: Struts 2 GA status?

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On 11/3/06, Bruno Melloni <Br...@wnco.com> wrote:
> I am slightly confused about the status of Struts 2.  Messages in this
> list frequently say that Struts 2 is production-ready and very stable,
> yet the Struts site does not show it as a General Availability release.
>
> If a member of the Struts 2 project reads this, could you please
> clarify?

Struts 2.0.1 was voted "beta" quality a couple of weeks ago. The
reason for the beta label was because it depends on a the XWork 2.0.0
beta version. To get a "GA" release, the XWork dependency needs to
have a "GA" release - then there wil be a new Struts 2 version created
(probably Struts 2.0.2). As long as no serious issues come out of the
woodwork, then hopefully it will be voted  "GA" quality.

Niall