Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Ken Kinder <ke...@kenkinder.com> on 2000/12/01 05:02:59 UTC

mod_rewrite/6916: Frequent undefined symbol: dbm_fetch

>Number:         6916
>Category:       mod_rewrite
>Synopsis:       Frequent undefined symbol: dbm_fetch
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
At several different companies on several different platforms, my coworkers and
I have consistantly had this problem:

$ sudo /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 227 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_rewrite.so into server: /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_rewrite.so: undefined symbol: dbm_fetch

which invariably happens on Solaris, Linux, FreeBSD, and BSDi. I search on
usenet and google quickly revealed that this happens to seamingly most people
who try to compile mod_rewrite in. Here is my configure in this case (although
it happens with _any_ configure that includes mod_rewrite)

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --activate-module=src/modules/fastcgi/libfastcgi.a --enable-module=most --enable-shared=max --activate-module=src/modules/python/libpython.a --activate-module=src/modules/mod_snake/libmod_snake.a
>How-To-Repeat:
Compile Apache on any platform and include mod_rewrite with any configure options.
>Fix:
Debug autoconf or something
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]