Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Calen Martin D. Legaspi" <ca...@orangeandbronze.com> on 2006/03/07 04:00:32 UTC

Re: Maven documentation (was Re: how to include all dependencies in your jar)

+1

I think we've been spoiled by the open-source projects that are funded by
big companies, that may have paid technical writers.  In my use of a lot of
other open-source software, such as linux utilities, I've relied on mailing
list archives, forums and unofficial How-Tos on blogs of people not
connected to the development team.

I believe the crux of open-source is contribution, and so if one wants good
documentation, one should think about wrting it himself.  This doesn't have
to be such a big effort.  Replying to mailing list questions or recording
your discoveries in a blog are incremental ways to contribute.

--
Calen Martin D. Legaspi
Sun Certified Enterprise Architect