Posted to xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org by Patrick Calahan <pc...@bea.com> on 2003/12/05 21:44:24 UTC

FYI: new package for java codegen

Hey all.  Just a heads up that I just checked in a new package

  src/binding/org/apache/xmlbeans/impl/binding/joust

which contains 'joust', the JavaOUtputSTream.  This is what we're going to
use to encapsulate the code generation component of the scema-to-java
compiler.  The motivation for this package is to provide

- a simple codegen API tailored for use by schema->java compiler
- a hook for people who want to change the way the java sources are generated
- pluggability if we want to support direct bytecode generation
- cleaner factoring

It's not yet integrated with the current code (working on that now).  I did
a code review with David Bau yesterday, but feel free to take a look and
give me additional feedback if you like.

-p