Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jens Rantil <je...@tink.se> on 2015/01/14 16:21:48 UTC

Script to count tombstones by partition key

Hi all

I just recently put together a small script to count the number of tombstones grouped by partition id, for one or multiple sstables:

https://gist.github.com/JensRantil/063b7c56ca4a8dfe1c50

I needed this for debugging purposes and thought I’d share it with you guys in case anyone is interested.

Cheers,
Jens

———
Jens Rantil
Backend engineer
Tink AB

Email: jens.rantil@tink.se
Phone: +46 708 84 18 32
Web: www.tink.se

Facebook Linkedin Twitter

Re: Script to count tombstones by partition key

Posted by DuyHai Doan <do...@gmail.com>.
Nice, thanks Jens

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.
On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 7:21 AM, Jens Rantil <je...@tink.se> wrote:

>  I just recently put together a small script to count the number of
> tombstones grouped by partition id, for one or multiple sstables:

https://github.com/cloudian/support-tools

Has "checksstablegarbage" which does a similar thing without requiring the
sstable2json step, which is likely to be faster overall.

=Rob