Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> on 2020/11/16 15:38:49 UTC

HEADS-UP merge commits disables on GitHub for ActiveMQ Artemis.

Just a heads up, to keep things simple, i disabled Merge commits on github.

you can always use rebase and merge on github, which has been our way
of merging for a few years, or use the scripts we have always used.

And if you are a git-fu master and ever push commits directly into
apache.. please keep the history linear. It's really difficult to use
git log when there are merge points on the commit log. (cherry-picking
into a maintenance branch would be fairly difficult to be done).

Thanks

--
Clebert Suconic