Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by stx_g <st...@yahoo.it> on 2012/12/01 19:04:11 UTC

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 release date?

Hi David,

  IMHO a maintenance release should be delivered as soon as possible.

  A two months waiting period - or more - is too much as we are talking
about bugs, not features.

  Moreover I think that, if there are frequent releases out, the hard work
of the TomEE team could be appreciate much more.

  Regards.

-- Stefano

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 release date?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Well if all is fine the vote should be ready today or tomorrow. Add 3 days
and we ll get the release

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 release date?

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Sure, the topic is indeed important and as mentioned by both of you Herald
and Alex, we must improve the release process to get more regular releases
and be able to follow security patches when necessary.

Jlouis

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 release date?

Posted by Harald Wellmann <hw...@gmail.com>.

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 release date?

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.
Okay, I'm looking forward to that. In the meanwhile, I'm going to push that
last 1.5.1 build and atmosphere compat tomcat (6) on my production server.

I've had TomEE running on production server for few days now. :)

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 release date?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 release date?

Posted by "Howard W. Smith, Jr." <sm...@gmail.com>.

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 release date?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
The upgrade is done in the release branch. Same for tomcat 7.0.34...

About doc etc, help is always welcomed ;)

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 release date?

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 release date?

Posted by Alex The Rocker <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Well said Harald !

In addition, I think TomEE will be taken even more seriously if it was
written somewhere on its Internet site that for security alerts (CVE...) a
new release would be provided in at most xx weeks.
I know many potential users who wouldn't consider using TomEE if a Tomcat
CVE is publicized and the only way to fix is to use a "Snapshot", which may
not be stable.

The question is : "TomEE is currently a super choice of developers, how can
it be also a super choice for IT people, at least as much as Tomcat is ?".

Fixed number of releases per year would be a good start (IT people won't
care about Milestones, but I like this idea for developers, if "Snapshot"
could be replaced by "Nightly build" - okay I confess : I like Eclipse way
:)

Alex

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 release date?

Re: TomEE 1.5.1 release date?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
That's true and not

you know i looked download stats yesterday and it seems "beta" in the
name (RC too i guess) makes it really less used so if it is SNAPSHOT
that's worse.

Some people are afraid to use SNAPSHOT as some others are afraid to
open the code when something doesn't work as expected (afraid or
doesn't want ;).

That's just a fact

But i'm happy to see users sending mails here are after fine to give
it a try on snapshot versions, it helps a lot

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau