Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by "A. Soroka" <aj...@virginia.edu> on 2016/01/31 20:49:23 UTC

(un)coincidental dataset descriptions in assemblers

I’ve got a question about a remark of Andy’s here: https://github.com/apache/jena/pull/123#issuecomment-177246334

"In the Fuseki case, we want shared datasets descriptions, that is, same name, to yield the same dataset."

Wouldn't we rather use actual URIs to refer to dataset descriptions to make them coincide? Is the use of names as inverse functional properties to do this a historical artifact of the way that assembler RDF evolved, or was there some reason to do it this way instead of using something more like "same URI = same thing”?

---
A. Soroka
The University of Virginia Library

Re: (un)coincidental dataset descriptions in assemblers

Posted by "A. Soroka" <aj...@virginia.edu>.
Ah, I misunderstood your use of the word “name” to mean an rdfs:label or something like that.

---

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.