Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "peter.doornbosch" <pe...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/15 18:11:13 UTC

fragment bundles

Hi,

Could it be the case the Felix does not support Fragment bundles?

Regards,
Peter

Re: fragment bundles

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
peter.doornbosch wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>

> On 15 Apr , 2008, at 18:19 , Richard S. Hall wrote:
>> peter.doornbosch wrote:
>>> Could it be the case the Felix does not support Fragment bundles?
>>
>> It is definitely the case that Felix does NOT support fragment
>> bundles yet. :-)
>
> I see ;-).
>
> In that case, may i suggest that felix logs a warning / error / debug
> info when someone installs a fragment bundle? That won't be that much
> work (i'm volunteering to provide a patch ;-)) and it would have saved
> me some time trying to find why my resources didn't get loaded...

Sorry about that...yes, it would probably be a good idea...feel free to
attach a patch to JIRA...or just create a JIRA issue for this if you
don't want to figure out a patch.

-> richard

Re: fragment bundles

Posted by "peter.doornbosch" <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Richard,

On 15 Apr , 2008, at 18:19 , Richard S. Hall wrote:
> peter.doornbosch wrote:
>> Could it be the case the Felix does not support Fragment bundles?
>
> It is definitely the case that Felix does NOT support fragment
> bundles yet. :-)

I see ;-).

In that case, may i suggest that felix logs a warning / error / debug
info when someone installs a fragment bundle? That won't be that much
work (i'm volunteering to provide a patch ;-)) and it would have saved
me some time trying to find why my resources didn't get loaded...

> We have started to make some inroads in this direction, but I
> personally don't expect to put any serious amount of time into it
> until May.

Ok.

Thanks for your quick reply.
Regards