Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rainer Mager <rm...@vgkk.com> on 2001/04/27 01:13:40 UTC

Tomcat 3.3m2 (and 3.2) die during heavy load

Hi,

	We've recently converted from JServ to Tomcat and have run into a problem
when load testing our servlets. The problem is that during heavy load (via
testing tools) Tomcat seems to die. Apache and Java are still running but
Tomcat does not respond. We put a debug statement at the beginning of our
doGet() and doPost() methods and it is never hit so it gets stuck in Tomcat
somewhere.
	During the test the box was hit continuously with 16 simultaneous threads
and died after about 10 minutes.

	Any ideas?

Thanks,

--Rainer