Posted to commits@couchdb.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2013/06/19 11:30:23 UTC

[Couchdb Wiki] Update of "CouchDB_in_the_wild" by RobertNewson

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Couchdb Wiki" for change notification.

The "CouchDB_in_the_wild" page has been changed by RobertNewson:
https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/CouchDB_in_the_wild?action=diff&rev1=147&rev2=148

Comment:
Add Ideafy and introduce 'Software In Depth' section.

  If you'd like to expand an existing entry, please also make a submission as described above.

+ Editors: We're encouraging developers to describe their products in more detail so I've started an 'In Depth' section. Please add a short summary to 'Software' for now in addition to long description in 'In Depth'.
+
  <<TableOfContents()>>

  == Software ==
@@ -75, +77 @@

   * [[http://refuge.io/|The Refuge project]]  aims to provide a fully decentralized and opensource data platform based on CouchDB, it also provides a custom distribution of Apache CouchDB named [[http://github.com/refuge/rcouch|rcouch]] .

- == Android ==
+  * [[http://appstore.com/ideafy|Ideafy]] is a collaborative brainstorming and Idea management tool that combines social networking, serious gaming and brainstorming sessions into a single platform for tablets.

   * [[https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dcmobi.spreadsong|SpreadLyrics]] is a song lyrics sharing application for Android. ['''Please expand''']

+ == Software In Depth ==
+
+ === Ideafy ===
+
+ [[http://appstore.com/ideafy|Ideafy]] is a collaborative brainstorming and Idea management tool that combines social networking, serious gaming and brainstorming sessions into a single platform for tablets (and later all browser-capable devices).
+
+ The production environment is hosted in the Joyent Cloud, with couchdb and couch-lucene instances running on dedicated machines.
+
+ The server side is powered by node.js -- we use socket.io and (in my subjective view) a set of powerful libraries developed by Olivier Scherrer (emily, olives and couchdb-emily-tools : more info at http://flams.github.io/CouchDB-emily-tools/) to really simplify db communications on both client and server sides.
+
  == Websites ==

   * [[http://imgb.in/|imgb.in]] Free designer-friendly image/psd/pdf uploading service on the couch.