Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by Andrew Conkie <an...@redstarconsulting.co.uk> on 2017/11/22 11:10:38 UTC

Drug NER Pipeline in v4

Hi,

I'm a new user and have just installed the user version (v4) but am
having trouble running the Drug NER pipeline.

The documentation mentions a number of AEs, most of which are not
included in my install. Is this because I need to gather them from
somewhere else or I am misinterpreting something?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+4.0+-+Drug+Named+Entity+Recognition

Is there a prebuilt .piper file I can download (along with necessary
components) and run the Drug NER?

Cheers

RE: Drug NER Pipeline in v4

Posted by Prakhar Gaur <pr...@infosys.com>.
Hello Andrew,

Firstly please use CVD<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/Default+Clinical+Pipeline> to view the XMi files, it is very helpful.

Secondly the items you mentioned, Dosage/Route/Frequency of Drug
About these I also don’t know.

Thirdly with regard to Negation,
Look for the attribute ‘polarity’ if the value is ‘-1’ the term is negated, if ‘1’ it is not negated, sometimes it is ‘0’ though not sure what that means.

Can someone from the larger community please help with point 2 and 3 above ?

Regards,

Posted by Andrew Conkie <an...@redstarconsulting.co.uk>.
Hi Prakhar,

RE: Drug NER Pipeline in v4