Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Matthew Huggett <mh...@telusplanet.net> on 2002/04/25 14:51:38 UTC

Root element trouble

FOP doesn't seem to be recognizing the root element in my fo doc.
I've followed the recommendations in other mailings, but still no results.
The examples that came with Fop run fine.  I can't see how my fo doc is any
different from them.  Someone enlighten me please.

 Here are the error message and some lines from my fo doc.

<!-- Fop output -->

[INFO]: FOP 0.20.3
[INFO]: building formatting object tree
[ERROR]: Unknown formatting object ^
[ERROR]: Root element must be

root, not (none):

<!-- The first couple of lines in my FO document, which was

created by MSXML 4 -->

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?><fo:root

xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">

I'd appreciate any help.

Re: Root element trouble

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.
Hello Matthew!

Your fo is not well-formed xml at all, xml document must begin with an
xml declaration, it must be at the first line, first position. See xml
spec. Put all your additional data after xml declaration.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel