Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/01 19:54:56 UTC

[CCC] Docker Challenge, Raspberry Pi to win.

Hi folks (apologies for cross-posting),

I am running out of time to do it myself so I would like to issue everyone a challenge.

Create a docker-compose file that:

* Starts the mgt server in a container
* Starts a mysql container to act as mgt server db
* Starts the usage server in a container
* Starts the ec2stack container
* Starts the KVM agent in a container

The compose file is to be run on a Ubuntu or CentOS server with KVM and Docker installed.
Some containers may use host networking and be privileged.
You can use the official cloudstack images in the docker hub or build your own.
If you build your own I want to see all Dockerfiles in a pull request to cloudstack repo.

The result should be a working single-node CloudStack deployment started with a single command:

$ docker-compose up -d

To win:  1 Raspberry Pi to the first person to demonstrate it live at CCC.
		1 Raspberry Pi to the first blog post tweeted that points to all files necessary for the deployment.
		Free beers or club sodas for the night.

This is not a Joke :)
I have the Raspberry Pi in my bag.

1 week to go…Go !!!!