Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Thomas Fischer <tf...@apache.org> on 2006/02/05 15:42:47 UTC

New site deployed

Hi

I have deployed the new version of the site to http://db.apache.org/site.
As compared to my first suggestion, it sports a simplified navigation and
the old versions opening in new windows.
Please take a look. If you find any errors, please write an email to
torque-dev@db.apache.org. If you find something crucial is missing, send a
patch (or commit it yourself, if you are a committer).

I have not followed Scott's suggestion of collecting the database howtos
and other howtos into one navigation item. I have tried it, and the
current separation looked better to me. Scott, if you feel strongly about
it, go ahead and change it.

I did also not include the breadcrumb trail (as now the navigation is
quite simple to understand, it is not needed in my eyes :-) ). If anyone
feels it is needed, please send patches.

I have also created a doocumentation of the current site organisation and
procedures. Writing it up, I found the current distinction between
torque/site and torque/docs-all-components unnecesary. I'll write a
separate email proposing to "version" the site, and add the
docs-all-components to it.

    Thomas

Re: New site deployed

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
Greg Monroe wrote:
> Only thing missing is an article in the news/announce section that says:
>
> The Torque site has been redone to make things easier to find.  Thanks
> to Thomas Fischer for all his hard work.

+1

Scott

--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

RE: New site deployed

Posted by Greg Monroe <Gr...@DukeCE.com>.
Looks great!  (FWIW, I assumed the URL in your e-Mail was supposed to
point to http:.../torque and not ../site)

[...]

Duke CE Privacy Statement
Please be advised that this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential communication or may otherwise be privileged or confidential and are intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient you may not rely on the contents of this email or any attachments, and we ask that you  please not read, copy or retransmit this communication, but reply to the sender and destroy the email, its contents, and all copies thereof immediately.  Any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.