Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by Riaz <Ri...@scisys.co.uk> on 2007/06/11 18:19:43 UTC

Re: Problem with pauseSubscription

What should the entry in muse.xml be for the pause/resume capabilities?

Currently I get the error message:
java.lang.RuntimeException: [ID = 'MissingOperationImplementations'] The
WSDL file '/wsdl/FMSresource.wsdl' has the following operations which have
no match in any of the resource's capabilities:

Posted by "Vinh Nguyen (vinguye2)" <vi...@cisco.com>.
Hi Dan,
You are correct.  I spotted these methods in SubscriptionManager last
week, and they can only be called from the SubscriptionClient object.

But, if someone wanted to called Pause/Resume from the producer resource
in the same way they call Subscribe, then they'd have to add these
operations to their producer resource wsdl and create capability methods
for it (i.e. in an extended version of SimpleNotificationProducer).

As a note, Muse's implementation of Pause/Resume only sets a flag that
is checked when a notification message is published.  If set, the
message will not be published until Resume is called to reset the flag.
Muse does not cache the unsent notifications.  So if anyone wants
unpublished messages will be sent upon Resume, they'd have to add that
caching logic.

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by "Vinh Nguyen (vinguye2)" <vi...@cisco.com>.