Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/27 17:43:45 UTC

Re: Merge AutoScaling without NetScaler to MASTER

Hello Nguyen,

How can i play with autoscaling without netscaler with acs 4?3 ?

I saw that docs onto docs.cloudstack.org are available about this :
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/networking/autoscale_without_netscaler.html#configuration

How can i get working with this feature ?

Thans for your response.

Regards,

Benoit.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
no, it will only be in 4.4

it's currently in the master branch (and 4.4 branch) if you want to test from source.

Posted by Yitao Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nguyen Anh Tu <tu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 27, 2014, at 5:18 PM, benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sebastien,
>
> Ok, no problem, i thought that docs published onto the
> docs.cloudstack.apache.org were the official docs (so in relation with the
> official releases).
> I will try to take a look at the docs repo.

These are the official docs, it's just that we have not discussed how to release them yet.

> For the moment, i am a bit busy with the migration of my cs production
> environment (including resizing of several clusters and clvm storages).
>
> Yes, in fact, i thought this feature would have been included, because of
> the topics talking about it several months ago, videos about the differents
> conferences showing such a fonctionality (i.e: Paul Gosden and Nguyen Anh
> Tu & ccceu13)
>

> Hope this will well included in acs 4.4 ;-)

I checked with Tuna, and it's in master and 4.4. Just did not make the feature freeze for 4.3.

Posted by benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com>.
Sebastien,

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nguyen Anh Tu <tu...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 12:36 AM, Ryan Lei <ry...@cht.com.tw> wrote:

> The merge request was in December 10, 2013, but the 4.4 feature freeze is
> March 19, 2014.
> So I believe this feature will appear in 4.4.

Actually no, Ryan. Until I make a cherry-pick request to 4.4 branch, AFAIK.

--Tuna

Re: Merge AutoScaling without NetScaler to MASTER

Posted by Ryan Lei <ry...@cht.com.tw>.
The merge request was in December 10, 2013, but the 4.4 feature freeze is
March 19, 2014.
So I believe this feature will appear in 4.4.

Yu-Heng (Ryan) Lei, Associate Researcher
Cloud Computing Dept, Chunghwa Telecom Labs
ryanlei@cht.com.tw or ryanlei750328@gmail.com

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
On 27.03.2014 17:34, Nguyen Anh Tu wrote:
> Lucian,
>
> Can you help a hand in that feature? I still can't start because some
> busy
> with Docker...
>
> --Tuna

Uuu,docker :-)

I'll contact you shortly.

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: Merge AutoScaling without NetScaler to MASTER

Posted by Nguyen Anh Tu <tu...@apache.org>.
Lucian,

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com>.

Posted by benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nguyen Anh Tu <tu...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 11:56 PM, benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So it is not present in acs 4.3 ?

Yes, it's not.

--Tuna

Re: Merge AutoScaling without NetScaler to MASTER

Posted by benoit lair <ku...@gmail.com>.
So it is not present in acs 4.3 ?

Regards,
Benoit