Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Antoine Angenieux <aa...@clinigrid.com> on 2009/02/03 15:49:52 UTC

Problem with Wicket Ajax with IE7 64bits

Hi Wicket users !

I'm encountering a strange error when testing one my webapps (wicket 1.3
latest trunk, but I can reproduce it with wicket 1.3.5) with Internet
Explorer 7 64bits version on Vista 64 bits.

On some ajax requests, internet explorer fails with a "Stack overflow
error". This does not happen with any other browsers. And it's not a
javascript error message, but an IE error message.

The Wicket Ajax Debug window shows no error at all, and I suspect that
some DOM manipulation implem. in this version of IE is the culprit...

When I try on the "regular" 32bits version, this nevers happens.

Did anyone already encounter this issue or has any idea ?

Cheers,

Antoine.

--
Antoine Angénieux
Associé

Clinigrid
5, avenue Mozart
75016 Paris, France
+336 60 21 09 18
aangenieux@clinigrid.com

Re: Problem with Wicket Ajax with IE7 64bits

Posted by Antoine Angenieux <aa...@clinigrid.com>.
Thomas Mäder wrote:
> I guess it's hard to find a workaround without having a stack trace from a
> windows debugger. If you knew where in the IE code the crash occurs, it
> might be possible to guess the offending code in Wicket (and work around
> that). That said, you might want to report the crash to the folks at MS. IE
> 8 is not in production yet, so I guess there is hope it will get fixed.

Yes, I'll do that ;)

> Thomas
>
> PS: IE sucks!  ( ;-), but only slightly so)

It does suck indeed, but sadly most of my clients are still running it
from version 6 to 7 ;)

Cheers,

Antoine.

Posted by Thomas Mäder <th...@devotek-it.ch>.

<aa...@clinigrid.com>wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> It is not a javascript error, that's why I don't think Wicket is really the
> culprit here... It's more like an internal IE error popping up a modal
> window saying "Stack Overflow Error"... nothing to do with Java or
> Javascript Stack Overflow ;)
>
> It seems to happen with Ajax responses that update more than 10 wicket
> components.... that's why I wonder if it could be the DOM manipulation
> implementation within this version of IE.
>
> Thx for your help !
>
> Cheers,
>
> Antoine.
>

> Thomas Mäder wrote:
>
>> If you say "Stack Overflow Error" do you mean a crash or an error in
>> Javascript?
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Antoine Angenieux
>> <aa...@clinigrid.com>wrote:
>>
>>  Hi Wicket users !
>>>
>>> I'm encountering a strange error when testing one my webapps (wicket 1.3
>>> latest trunk, but I can reproduce it with wicket 1.3.5) with Internet
>>> Explorer 7 64bits version on Vista 64 bits.
>>>
>>> On some ajax requests, internet explorer fails with a "Stack overflow
>>> error". This does not happen with any other browsers. And it's not a
>>> javascript error message, but an IE error message.
>>>
>>> The Wicket Ajax Debug window shows no error at all, and I suspect that
>>> some
>>> DOM manipulation implem. in this version of IE is the culprit...
>>>
>>> When I try on the "regular" 32bits version, this nevers happens.
>>>
>>> Did anyone already encounter this issue or has any idea ?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Antoine.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Antoine Angénieux
>>> Associé
>>>
>>> Clinigrid
>>> 5, avenue Mozart
>>> 75016 Paris, France
>>> +336 60 21 09 18
>>> aangenieux@clinigrid.com

> Antoine Angénieux
> Associé
>
> Clinigrid
> 5, avenue Mozart
> 75016 Paris, France
> +336 60 21 09 18
> aangenieux@clinigrid.com

Thomas Mäder
www.devotek-it.ch

Re: AW: Problem with Wicket Ajax with IE7 64bits

Posted by Antoine Angenieux <aa...@clinigrid.com>.
Well, the issue only arises on a very specific part of the application,
and I have no idea what can cause that, except that in only happens with
IE7 64 ;)

Thanks anyway, I'll try on other PCs with the same config and see if I
can reproduce the bug !

Cheers,

Antoine.

Stefan Lindner wrote:
> Hi Antoine,
>
> we use Vista64 for development and IE 7 64 for testing. We have pages with some dozen components (buttons, labels, optionfields) that are updated simulaniously but we never had a problem with IE7 like you described. But I must say we use Wicker 1.4 current runk, not 1.3.x.
>
> Stefan

>>> 5, avenue Mozart

Posted by Matej Knopp <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

wicket-ajax.js is same for both 1.4 (trunk) and 1.3.x branch.

-Matej

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de> wrote:
> Hi Antoine,
>
> we use Vista64 for development and IE 7 64 for testing. We have pages with some dozen components (buttons, labels, optionfields) that are updated simulaniously but we never had a problem with IE7 like you described. But I must say we use Wicker 1.4 current runk, not 1.3.x.
>
> Stefan

>>> 5, avenue Mozart

Posted by Stefan Lindner <li...@visionet.de>.
Hi Antoine,

Posted by Antoine Angenieux <aa...@clinigrid.com>.
Hi Thomas,

Posted by Thomas Mäder <th...@devotek-it.ch>.

<aa...@clinigrid.com>wrote:

> Hi Wicket users !
>
> I'm encountering a strange error when testing one my webapps (wicket 1.3
> latest trunk, but I can reproduce it with wicket 1.3.5) with Internet
> Explorer 7 64bits version on Vista 64 bits.
>
> On some ajax requests, internet explorer fails with a "Stack overflow
> error". This does not happen with any other browsers. And it's not a
> javascript error message, but an IE error message.
>
> The Wicket Ajax Debug window shows no error at all, and I suspect that some
> DOM manipulation implem. in this version of IE is the culprit...
>
> When I try on the "regular" 32bits version, this nevers happens.
>
> Did anyone already encounter this issue or has any idea ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Antoine.
>
> --
> Antoine Angénieux