Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ken nashua <nh...@hotmail.com> on 2007/05/11 15:31:57 UTC

OGNL expertise please... complicated question

Hi,

I have a situation on my hands where I am trying to complete the round-trip
leg of rigging up two objects in a bidirectional association.

Here is the UML...

Owner-<>----------Association

This is a mutual OneToOne setup. There are getter/setter on each side.

Having created an Owner, I successfully created an Association... That
completes the first leg.

The last leg follows is this...
On the way out of the round trip, I have to set the association in the owner
manually in order to persist it. This has to be done in OGNL.

So this is whats on the table...

HashMap context = new HashMap();
Owner
Association

Can someone tell me what OGNL api would be appropriate ? setValue or
getValue?

Ognl.getValue("owner.add(#association)", context, owner); ???

Thanks...

Best regards
Ken in nashua