Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by se...@verizon.net on 2004/09/11 15:59:36 UTC

Problems generating CVS patch

Greetings,

I am trying to create a CVS patch.  I'm using JBuilder X and Tortoise CVS on
Windows XP.  As a test I modified a single existing line of code in JBuilder
and saved.  My format settings in JBuilder were set to "preserve current
line endings within files."  When I generate the patch file in CVS it
contains a ton of changes to lines that I did not change.

An example is the beginning of the patch file shows:

/*
* Copyright 2002-2004 The Apache Software Foundation.
- *
+ *

It would seem this might have something to do with the line breaks.  I have
tried RTFM as well as googling everywhere and cannot figure out what's going
on.  Please help!  I'd like to contribute something without my patch
screwing up the formatting, etc.of the source files.

Thanks,

sean

Re: Problems generating CVS patch

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@schof.com>.
Dennis,

Thanks for the response.  I figured out the problem and it was indeed the
trailing whitespace as you had mentioned.  There is a setting for it.  Oddly
enough its not set at the project level but at the editor level (a save
option).  Once I changed the setting I was fine.

Thanks.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@mdh.se>.
Hi Sean

--