Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Aurimas Norkevicius <au...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/08 14:37:41 UTC

connection timeouts

I am using apache directory studio 1.5.2
There is a very annoing issue with connections. If I leave connection open
for a long time open it gots frozen and it takes a long time to revive it.

Maybe it is possible to add some feature to connection properties like
"keepAlive" or something so that it is alway very quick to respond.

Re: connection timeouts

Posted by Aurimas Norkevicius <au...@gmail.com>.
created an issue ...

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-695

Re: connection timeouts

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.

Re: connection timeouts

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@apache.org>.
> Hi,
>
> I am not a member of the community ...
>
> How could I become one?
>
> Maybe I could help with some other development tasks ...
You have some info about it here :

http://directory.apache.org/community%26resources/contribute.html

But basically, it's simple : see what are the open issues in JIRA, pick
one you think you can fix, propose a patch through JIRA. This is the
very first step.

Don't be afraid by the code base size, there are many periferical issues
that don't need a deep knowledge about the code base.

Improving the doco is also a way to get involved :)

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: connection timeouts