Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by ScottDerrick <sc...@tnstaafl.net> on 2008/09/11 23:38:21 UTC

Oracle TopLink Essentials requires Derby ClientDriver?

When you use the Netbeans IDE to generate a database connected application it
uses Toplink.

I am using Derby as the database and the persistance configuration is setup
to use the ClientDriver.

<property name="toplink.jdbc.driver"
value="org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver"/>

I need to use the embedded driver so I changed the config to

<property name="toplink.jdbc.driver"
value="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"/>

and added the derby.jar to the run time library configuration.

But I now get this error?

Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for
jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/SBD

Can Toplink be configured to use the embedded driver?

Scott

Re: Oracle TopLink Essentials requires Derby ClientDriver?

Posted by Kai Ponte <ka...@perfectreign.com>.
On Thursday 11 September 2008 02:50:19 pm ScottDerrick wrote:
> I figured it out. My URL was wrong
>
> was
>
>       <property name="toplink.jdbc.url"
> value="jdbc:derby://localhost:1527/SBD"/>
>
> should have been
>
>       <property name="toplink.jdbc.url"
> value="jdbc:derby:/home/scott/databases/SBD"/>

this older thread in the NetBeans user list might help out a bit too...

http://www.nabble.com/Binding-JTable-to-Database-td15706746.html

...I had more than a few questions answered there.

--
kai
www.filesite.org

Re: Oracle TopLink Essentials requires Derby ClientDriver?