Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Pel Oliver Kristiansen <tw...@eudoramail.com> on 2003/05/04 20:44:34 UTC

Struts and custom tags mixed.

Hello !

I want to make a custom form tag that includes some very specific
design and layout rules in a project.
I completed the tag (taglib) and was happy until I tried to use Struts
form related tags inside my newly created form tag. I get this error:

"Cannot find bean BEAN in scope null"

So I assume I cant use my own tags to include Struts tag in the body.
The question then is;

1. If and how can I extend the implementation of the Struts form tag ?
2. If I cant, should I be able to include Struts tags in my custom
tags ? What could be the reason I get my error message above ?
3. If no to 2.), is there any alternative approach to this problem.

To clarify:

This

<mycustomtaglib:standardForm>
</mycustomtaglib:standardForm>

...do not work.

Thank you

P�l Oliver Kristiansen

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com

Re: Struts and custom tags mixed.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@hotmail.com>.
I think you need to extend your custom tar using html:form as the base.

-Dan