Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Mark Lybarger <ml...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/15 14:24:45 UTC

regexpreplace help...

I'm not much of a regex person, and maybe there's an easier way to
accomplish this.

I've got an apache config file for using url rewriting. The rewrite rules
look something like:

RewriteRule ^/apps/MyApp/(.*)? /MyApp/1.0.62/a/$1 [R]
RewriteRule ^/apps/MyNextApp/(.*)? /MyNextApp/1.0.62/a/$1 [R]
RewriteRule ^/apps/MyNextOtherApp/(.*)? /MyNextOtherApp/1.0.62/a/$1 [R]

basically, the 1.0.62 is a version number that gets bumped when ever we want
to release a new version. this allows the client to cache the web content
indefinately, and never even check, with the server for a new version. what
i need to do is to do a search and replace on this file finding the 1.0.62,
and replacing it with 1.0.63. rather simple in a text editor, maybe someone
else has done something similar with ant?

thanks!