Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by gdaswani <ge...@hotmail.com> on 2008/04/02 19:00:12 UTC

Re: Startup scripts not working on Mac

krishna-25 wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I've just started using ActiveMQ, and I am having trouble running it as a
> daemon.
>
> I am able to launch it just fine with 'bin/activemq', but when I run
> 'bin/macosx/activemq start', it appears to be starting, but does not.
>
> I'm running Mac OS 10.4.11.

Are you using ActiveMQ 5? if so, you might want to add the following to the
"wrapper.conf" file

wrapper.app.parameter.2=start

and it should start right up.

BTW, you migth want to download and work with the latest 4.X instead.  5.0
is a buggy mess with
clients getting EOF exceptions and etc making it basically unusable..

Re: Startup scripts not working on Mac

Posted by Krishna Dole <kr...@collaborativedrug.com>.
Hey gdaswani,

Thanks! That is very helpful information, and saved me hours. I've
since heard the same things about 5.0 from other sources. It's too
bad the ActiveMQ downloads page doesn't recommend a stable release
that is... stable.

Thanks again!

Krishna