Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Salisbury <sa...@globe.gov> on 2007/04/12 00:44:53 UTC

[users@httpd] ProxyPass .... !

Anyone else out there had either success or difficulty with the
"ProxyPass /url  ! "  directive.

What I am hope this can do is to create a configuration so that the
default is to reverse proxy
to a site, except for a list of urls.

The below is what I have, and I don't see how if varies from the docs at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass

<VirtualHost 111.222.91.206>
          ServerName wrg.xxx.yyy.edu
          DocumentRoot /dir/wrg/WWW/
          ErrorLog logs/wrg_error_log
          TransferLog logs/wrg_access_log

          ProxyPass /fsl/ !
          ProxyPass /hq/  !
          ProxyPass /arc/ !
          ProxyPass / http://saruman.xxx.yyy.edu:8080/
          ProxyPassReverse  / http://saruman.xxx.yyy.edu:8080/

         ... blah blah...
</VirtualHost>

What I get from the above is almost the reverse of what I want.. "/"
isn't proxied but /fsl , /hq, and /arc are.
Adding in some "ProxyPassReverse /fsl/ ! " stuff doesn't seem to have an
effect, not that I'd expect it to, and
if I put the "!"s after the root ( "/" ) directive, then the "/"
directive gets proxied, but still the others don't,
which I'd kind of expect.  Oh.. it didn't seem to make any difference
placing things outside of the
<virtualHost> either.

Thanks for any info!

-Dave

Re: [users@httpd] ProxyPass .... !

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 4/11/07, David Salisbury <sa...@globe.gov> wrote:

>           ProxyPass /fsl/ !
>           ProxyPass /hq/  !
>           ProxyPass /arc/ !
>           ProxyPass / http://saruman.xxx.yyy.edu:8080/
>           ProxyPassReverse  / http://saruman.xxx.yyy.edu:8080/

> What I get from the above is almost the reverse of what I want.. "/"
> isn't proxied but /fsl , /hq, and /arc are.
> Adding in some "ProxyPassReverse /fsl/ ! " stuff doesn't seem to have an
> effect, not that I'd expect it to, and
> if I put the "!"s after the root ( "/" ) directive, then the "/"
> directive gets proxied, but still the others don't,
> which I'd kind of expect.  Oh.. it didn't seem to make any difference
> placing things outside of the
> <virtualHost> either.

I don't know what is causing your exact problem, but from your
description it looks like you should at least drop the trailing slash
from your ProxyPass exclusions.

Joshua.