Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Alex Proca <al...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/20 11:06:03 UTC

LDAP Query DSL

Hi,

I'm working with OSGi stuff and in order to access service with various
properties we have to write LDAP queries. I'm wondering if it is some
DSL for create a LDAP query in a type checked mode or for "unmarshall" a
query string in order to modify it. I think this is also useful for
refactorings.

Re: LDAP Query DSL

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 12/20/13 12:00 PM, Alex Proca a écrit :
> On 12/20/2013 12:12 PM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
>> no, not right now, but we have a recent proposal from a contributor
>> with a similar idea see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-165
>>
>> We don't have any planned date on when this will be available.
>>

>> On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Alex Proca <al...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm working with OSGi stuff and in order to access service with various
>>> properties we have to write LDAP queries. I'm wondering if it is
>>> some DSL
>>> for create a LDAP query in a type checked mode or for "unmarshall" a
>>> query
>>> string in order to modify it. I think this is also useful for
>>> refactorings.
>>>

> I would like to implement such a DSL and push it upstream.
That would be excellent !

> I will take a look at the following RFC's: 2254, 4510, 4515, 3377 and
> come with a proposal
Don't consider looking at RFC 2254 and RFC 3377, they are both deprecated.

> [1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2254
> [2] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4510
> [3] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4515
> [4] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3377

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: LDAP Query DSL

Posted by Alex Proca <al...@gmail.com>.
On 12/20/2013 12:12 PM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
> no, not right now, but we have a recent proposal from a contributor
> with a similar idea see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-165
>
> We don't have any planned date on when this will be available.
>

> On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Alex Proca <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm working with OSGi stuff and in order to access service with various
>> properties we have to write LDAP queries. I'm wondering if it is some DSL
>> for create a LDAP query in a type checked mode or for "unmarshall" a query
>> string in order to modify it. I think this is also useful for refactorings.

I would like to implement such a DSL and push it upstream. I will take a

Re: LDAP Query DSL

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

--
Kiran Ayyagari