Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Prasad Tadi <pr...@genome.wi.mit.edu> on 2002/08/28 23:52:21 UTC

Manager application under Apache + Mod_webapp + Tomcat

Hi,

I think we can't use the Manager application thro' Apache's mod_webapp
mechanism...
Ref:
http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg29630.html
Point #4

I have configured a single Apache server and 4 tomcat ( Webapp connector
+ http connectors only). All the 4 instances of tomcat are running on
different ports (obvious) talking to the same Apache virual machine.

1. I configured HTTP connector in each of the TOMCATs "_ONLY_ for
running Manager application".
Manager application is NOT working for me, when I tried thro' Apache
URL.
Like: http://orange/manager/list
I tried various ways of defining the webappdeploy statements in
httpd.conf :-((

I can run the manager application from 8080 ,http connector port.
        http://orange:8080/manager/list

Question: Is there a way that I can run the Manager application from
Apache integrated Tomcat environment, Via Apache.
               It is my understanding that Ant also uses manager
application to do all the deployment / install/ remove /list operations.

               Can I avoid configuring the HTTP connector in Tomcat?

Any help or hints are greatly appreciated.