Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Curtis Boyden <cb...@pentaho.com> on 2011/06/02 16:39:17 UTC

JDBC Class conflicts from embedded projects

Hi gang,

               I am having some troubles with the json that is embedded in hive-exec (0.7.0) conflicting with json that I need in my project.
               This has been brought up in a jira already https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-1640
               Is this something that is planned to be addressed soonish or is this not that big of a concern for the community?

               Thanks for the feedback,
               -Curtis

Re: JDBC Class conflicts from embedded projects

Posted by John Sichi <js...@fb.com>.
I agree; embedding these in hive-exec.jar is bad.  I'm guessing it has something to do with getting them available in the Hadoop task JVM (rather than in the JDBC driver).

For example, in build-common.xml, if you search for HADOOP_CLASSPATH, you'll see where we stick in some other jars needed at runtime (e.g. derby).  We recently added javaewah here for the bitmap index support.  So perhaps if we add the ones you mention here too, we'll be able to take them out of hive-exec.jar.

If you can get something working which passes all tests, go ahead and submit a patch.

JVS