Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com> on 2003/11/05 18:04:44 UTC

mod_auth_ldap does not handle backslashes in uids?

Sorry to ping this group in addition to filing a bug (#24437), but I'm
in bad shape here.

I know I have customers who have directories filled with uids with
backslashes (\) embedded in them (from an NT domain name heritage).

Apache 2.0.47 over-escapes these whereas Apache 1.3.x with auth_ldap
1.6.0 is fine (auth_ldap 1.4.7 had issues, though).  I need Apache 2 to
work (as Apache 1.3.x has other issues on Windows...)

--
Jess Holle

Re: mod_auth_ldap does not handle backslashes in uids?

Posted by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>.
I am now 99% certain the issue is in Microsoft's LDAP SDK.  See the bug
comments for details.

Can this be fixed in the next Apache 2.0.x?  [The bug comments include
my code changes albeit not done nicely enough to be a patch.]

--
Jess Holle