Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Doug Davis <du...@us.ibm.com> on 2000/11/29 19:12:10 UTC

Handlers [was: Today's IRC log]

But I'm missing the point about what's different?  Why make the
distinction in the first place?  Unless there's some fundamental
difference between the two handlers I don't see the point.  All we're
doing is introducing terms/concepts/confusion for the sake of
some artificial division.  Like I said, any claim that handler-type-X
should do Y needs to also be made for all other handler types.
-Dug

Glen Daniels <gd...@allaire.com> on 11/29/2000 12:56:08 PM

Please respond to soap-dev@xml.apache.org

To:   "'soap-dev@xml.apache.org'" <so...@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:  RE: Today's IRC log

Sure, I can see this being optional, but if you do want to be able to do it
(and I really do think the engine should work this way by default) you
still
need a way of distinguishing header handlers from the "application"
handler(s).  This could be done in a variety of different ways:

1) Different chains, as I did.
2) A "marker" handler which tells the chain container "ok, header
processing
is now done".
3) A different type of exception which is thrown by header handlers, so it
can be caught and dealt with in a custom way.

I just want to make sure we allow this, and make it easy.

--Glen