Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Rohit <rs...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/14 18:56:38 UTC

ExecuteHQL failed to reading table from Hive

Hi,

  I am trying read table from hive using ExecuteHQL  processor, but getting
"org.apache.avro.AvroRuntimeException: Unknown datum type java.lang.Short:
1" error.

Re: ExecuteHQL failed to reading table from Hive

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.
This sounds like a bug in HiveJdbcCommon, we should be able to support
a Hive SMALLINT into an Avro integer or something.

Posted by Rohit <rs...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matt,

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.
Rohit,

Do you mean the SelectHiveQL processor? If so can you share more
information about your configuration, the query, the table, etc.?  If
you are using a custom processor, can you share its location? Perhaps
the author or other users of it can address this.

Thanks,
Matt