Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2012/03/25 04:26:00 UTC

lists of mentors and other project details

Jukka Zitting wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Jukka Zitting wrote:
> >>
> >> On a related note, who are currently mentoring Jena? The status page
> >> [1] doesn't show.
> >
> > The main place in svn is here:
> >  incubator/public/trunk/content/podlings.xml
> > which then generates this listing:
> >  http://incubator.apache.org/projects/index.html#current
>
> Can we get rid of multiple places for storing the same information? I
> don't care much if that's podlings.xml or the individual podling
> status files, but let's find a way to avoid duplicating information
> across these files.

As suggested previously [*] each podling status page could simply
link to the already maintained information, e.g.

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/index.html#jena

http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#jena

http://incubator.apache.org/clutch.html#jena

[*] No time now for me, but it is somewhere recently in response
to Roy's query. A couple of us suggested a way forward,
and reminded about the various other tools and automated
processes that would then need to be tweaked to accommodate
different source data.

-David