Posted to users@camel.apache.org by kuntalc-techid <ku...@yahoo.com> on 2013/12/17 08:11:37 UTC

FTP to FTP file transfer through camel with Source Failover

Hi,I want to transfer some files from one FTP location (Source FTP) to
another FTP location (Destination FTP) through camel. Now, I know that
through Camel we can handle the failover of the destination FTP server as
following:public class FtpRouteBuilder extends RouteBuilder {  @Override
from(sourceFTP).loadBalance().failover()
.to(destinationFTP).to(backupFTP).end();  }}But my requirement is that I
need to have source FTP failover support. That is suppose I have one
sourceFTP and one backupSourceFTP server. Camel should poll files from
sourceFTP and transfer them to destinationFTP. However, when sourceFTP  goes
down it will automatically poll files from backupSourceFTP server and send
them to destinationFTP.Please, let me know if this can be achieved through
Camel. If not, is there any other way to achieve this?Thanks in advance.

Re: FTP to FTP file transfer through camel with Source Failover

Posted by Pontus Ullgren <ul...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I can see several different solutions to the problem.

If files only appear on the backupSourceFTP when the sourceFTP is down
you could have one route for each thus camel will always transfer
files from both FTP servers.
It would be up to the producer to place them on the active one.

You could also expand this with building a custom
PollingConsumerPollStrategy that only allows for consuming files if
the sourceFTP is down and have that configured on the route that reads
from the backupSourceFTP.

A, non-camel, way to solve this is to have a service IP address that
fail-over to the backup if the primary goes down. This way when camel
looses connection and reconnects it will start to poll from the
backup.
However this is a feature that you need to fix outside of camel using
some loadbalancer or ha-daemon.

// Pontus