Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Shaun Adolphson <sh...@xweb.com.au> on 2001/01/24 03:43:37 UTC

disable-output-escaping

Hello all,

I know this is an old topic, but I have been trought all the mailing list
archives and still can't find an answer or away around not being able to use
disable-output-escaping.  Could someone please give me a good description of
how I can over come this.

I am running Cocoon 1.8 on Redhat 6.2 with Tomcat.

We are using a basic JavaScript HTML editor so that users can enter there
content in to there website. The editor allows them to use bold, italics,
underline, create a link,etc.  This content is saved into an XML packet
which is then sent to our servers where we are using Cocoon to process and
display the site.  The content needs to be escaped so that it is displayed
properly as currently it is just displaying the raw _escaped_ HTML

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Shaun

--------------------------------
Shaun Adolphson
XWeb Pty Ltd
Email: shaun@xweb.com.au

Re: disable-output-escaping

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Shaun Adolphson wrote:

> I know this is an old topic, but I have been trought all the mailing list
> archives and still can't find an answer or away around not being able to use
> disable-output-escaping.  Could someone please give me a good description of
> how I can over come this.
>
> I am running Cocoon 1.8 on Redhat 6.2 with Tomcat.
>
> We are using a basic JavaScript HTML editor so that users can enter there
> content in to there website. The editor allows them to use bold, italics,
> underline, create a link,etc.  This content is saved into an XML packet
> which is then sent to our servers where we are using Cocoon to process and
> display the site.  The content needs to be escaped so that it is displayed
> properly as currently it is just displaying the raw _escaped_ HTML
>
> Some help would be greatly appreciated.

- donald