Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Oleg Deribas <th...@td.selfip.net> on 2007/06/01 11:18:49 UTC

Monitor ActiveMQ from the remote host

Hello,

I'm trying to connect using jconsole to ActiveMQ instance running on the
remote host according to this:

http://activemq.apache.org/how-can-i-monitor-activemq.html

When I'm connecting from localhost it works. But when I'm replacing
"localhost" with remote host name, like this:

service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://myhostname:1099/jmxrmi

it doesn't work. Could someone help me?

--
Oleg

Re: Monitor ActiveMQ from the remote host

Posted by Oleg Deribas <th...@td.selfip.net>.
Hello,

Albert Strasheim said the following on 01.06.2007 14:31:

> http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/management/faq.html
>
> A common problem is this one (number 5 on the FAQ):

Thanks, Albert. It was right guess and I've fixed it according to the FAQ.

Posted by Albert Strasheim <13...@sun.ac.za>.
Hello

On Fri, 01 Jun 2007, Oleg Deribas wrote:

> When I'm connecting from localhost it works. But when I'm replacing
> "localhost" with remote host name, like this:
>
> service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://myhostname:1099/jmxrmi
>
> it doesn't work. Could someone help me?

http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/management/faq.html

A common problem is this one (number 5 on the FAQ):

I am having problem using JConsole to connect to a JVM running on
Linux. Connecting to JVM running on Windows and Solaris works fine.

Cheers,

Albert

Re: Monitor ActiveMQ from the remote host

Posted by Daryl Richter <ng...@comcast.net>.
On 6/1/07 5:18 AM, "Oleg Deribas" <th...@td.selfip.net>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to connect using jconsole to ActiveMQ instance running on the
> remote host according to this:
>
> http://activemq.apache.org/how-can-i-monitor-activemq.html
>
> When I'm connecting from localhost it works. But when I'm replacing
> "localhost" with remote host name, like this:
>
> service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://myhostname:1099/jmxrmi

This looks correct.  Perhaps there is a firewall and port 1099 is not open?

> it doesn't work. Could someone help me?

--
Daryl
http://itsallsemantics.com

"We want great men who, when fortune frowns, will not be discouraged."
    -- Colonel Henry Knox, 1776