Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Russel Winder <ru...@winder.org.uk> on 2016/09/24 09:43:45 UTC

Groovy build fail

I am getting:

    :compileGroovy
    Unrecognized option: -addmods
    Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
    Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
    :compileGroovy FAILED

trying to build Groovy on JDK9. I thought we had been round this one
and fixed it.

--
Russel.

Re: Groovy build fail

Posted by Russel Winder <ru...@winder.org.uk>.
It appears that the build is now working fine on JDK9 138. Well the
install and installGroovy tasks anyway. I guess I need to now try with
the distDoc task as well.

--
Russel.

Re: Groovy build fail

Posted by Cédric Champeau <ce...@gmail.com>.
The change to setAccessible that Jochen is talking about is indeed a big
problem. It breaks Gradle too, in various ways. I'm not even sure we can
fix it while maintaining the same level of functionality.

Re: Groovy build fail

Posted by Russel Winder <ru...@winder.org.uk>.

Re: Groovy build fail

Posted by Jochen Theodorou <bl...@gmx.org>.
On 24.09.2016 12:59, Russel Winder wrote:
[...]
>> But to be sure... what JDK9 version are you using?
>
> The build hasn't worked for me for a while, but I was "elsewhere" in
> the FOSS-verse. 135 and now 137 both fail.

try 134, should also get rid of the add-mods error

bye Jochen

Re: Groovy build fail

Posted by Russel Winder <ru...@winder.org.uk>.
On Sat, 2016-09-24 at 12:05 +0200, Jochen Theodorou wrote:
[…]

> well, blame the jdk9 guys for deciding in the middle of things to
> suddenly follow the gnu style and make -addmods to --admods ;)

I can back blaming the JDK9 people. :-)

Java has been wrong about options and hyphens for years, I wonder why
they are changing? But now is the time to change, this is an alpha
software programme after all – even if I am using it as production.

Re: Groovy build fail

Posted by Jochen Theodorou <bl...@gmx.org>.