Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Martin Marcher <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/09 13:32:18 UTC

sudo-ldap schema

Hello,

does anyone already have a sudo-ldap schema for apacheds?

I'd really like to try it since I'm changing all of our network to
ldap anyway. My problem is that with all those changes i probably
don't have the time to look into schema creation as well in the next
month.

A quick google didn't show anything any link is appreciated.

Documention and Schema Reference can be found here:

http://www.gratisoft.us/sudo/readme_ldap.html

--
Martin Marcher
martin.marcher@gmail.com

Re: sudo-ldap schema

Posted by Martin Marcher <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 5/9/07, Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> wrote:
> If you like you can provide a patch for this.  If you have issues I can help
> out and make sure it all works.

nice howto. as said before: this week is quite stuffed with work. on
the other hand my boss suggested to us a google like approach with 10%
of the time to spend on private projects.

I will try that and the index stuff from the other thread on the weekend.

martin

Re: sudo-ldap schema

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Oh cool I did not know you could store sudo information in LDAP at all.
This is pretty cool.
I guess it probably sits on top of the NIS schema?  BTW we don't have a
schema for sudo
but it can't be too hard to implement I think.

Cool this document provides the schema.  Yeah I think this would be
incredibly easy to
use.  We can add this schema using LDAP studio pretty easily since it's
schema plugin
will soon have the ability add a schema file with OpenLDAP syntax to the
DIT.  While
waiting for that we can easily add this schema to the set of schemas
packaged into
ApacheDS (turned off by default of course).

BTW you could easily do this by adding the schema file for it here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/apacheds/trunk/schema-extras/src/main/schema/

Then modifying the pom.xml in the project here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/apacheds/trunk/schema-extras/

This way ApacheDS will come with the sudo schema out of the box and all that
one needs to do is toggle the schema to be enabled by deleting the
m-disabled
attribute in the cn=sudo,ou=schema entry.  And that's it.

If you like you can provide a patch for this.  If you have issues I can help
out and
make sure it all works.

Cheers,
Alex