Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by richard moon <rb...@MailAndNews.com> on 2000/11/06 10:56:24 UTC

Session Questions , is it possible?

Hi,

Just about to dive into our first project using tomcat in anger and I am
unclear if our setup will work, advice at an early stage would be welcome.

We have four web servers load balanced by hardware, currently running apache
and mod-perl applications - Is it possible to run 4 tomcat workers one on each
server and have each apache install configured to "tomcat load balance" across
the four workers - so that when a client comes through the hardware
loadbalancer it will be serviced by the correct worker to maintain sticky
sessions properly?

Don't want to get into coding persistent sessions - do want to use tomcat for
some larger applications - if anyone has thoughts regarding speed / approach
for this problem i'd be grateful - we would be hardware load balancing the
static pages and software load balancing the jsp I guess.

Many thanks in advance